The bullying, berating, and belittling of teachers by pupils is nothing new – sniggering in the playground at a teacher’s outfit or spreading outlandish rumours over school lunches has happened for decades, maybe longer.
It’s an unfortunate reality that can never be justified. Within a school environment there may be pupils, as well as aggrieved parents, who will target teachers both online and offline. But today’s digital world means that this behaviour can go beyond the playgrounds and dining rooms, and into a very public online sphere – social media. Social media can act as an accelerant in these situations, taking a whispered joke between school friends or a grumble between parents at the school gates, and igniting it into a viral virtual blaze.
- Explore what Teacher Targeted Bullying means in the online world and why it might occur.
- Identify the negative impact that sharing offensive images and comments online has on pupils, their families, teachers, and the wider school community.
- Learn about the steps that you can take as a teacher, staff member, school, or parent to help mitigate harm and give support to those who need it.
- Date: Tuesday 21st November 2023
- Time: 3pm
- Duration: 1 hour
- Platform: Microsoft Teams
Are you a Safer School?
If you are a Safer school insured with our partner Zurich Municipal and have your full package of insurance, please contact your Safer Schools Admin in your school to get a discount code and receive this training for FREE! All you have to do is input your code after clicking 'buy it now'. Alternatively, add the training to your cart and input your discount code once you're ready to checkout.