In today's world, young people are exposed to a multitude of complex and challenging situations. Understanding the importance of consent is crucial for maintaining healthy relationships, both online and offline. This course is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to understand the law surrounding consent and how it applies to children and young people. By the end of this training, you will have a comprehensive understanding of aspects of consent such as coercive control, consent in the digital world, and how to remove the ‘grey area’ of sexual consent. Additionally, you will gain practical skills to support children and young people in navigating consent in their everyday lives.
- Understand the global age of consent and how it varies across different countries and regions.
- Define what constitutes consent in the context of sexual relationships.
- Understand how to identify situations where consent is not present.
- Examine different models of consent and their implications for policy and practice.
- Gain insight into the experiences of young people in relation to consent.
- Identify and address gender imbalances and power dynamics that can impact consent.
- Develop strategies for teaching consent to children and young people in an age-appropriate and sensitive manner.
- Date: Monday 19th June 2023
- Time: 15:00 pm
- Duration: 1 hour
- Platform: Microsoft Teams
Are you a Safer School?
If you are a Safer school insured with our partner Zurich Municipal and have your full package of insurance, Please contact your Safer Schools Admin in your school to get a discount code to get this training for FREE! All you have to do is input your code after clicking 'buy it now'. Alternatively, add the training to your cart and input your discount code once you're ready to checkout.